Thursday, July 30, 2009

Karaoke Invention??


In the “things that will make you feel really weird about yourself even if you are alone” department, we present the Urusakunai Kara OK! accessory for the Wii. Roughly translated, that means “Not Noisy Kara OK”.
This is a USB microphone with a large black rubber cup that reminds me of - well, I really don’t want to say. Let the jokes begin.
This unusual looking device appears to have been designed for singers who have a spouse or roommate or perhaps neighbors that are tired of hearing them belt out tunes at 2 AM. The rubber cup is supposed to muffle the singing to make it, well, less annoying to others.
On the good side, the cup is removable so you can wash out the spit and other nasties that might build up throughout an evening of energetic singing. It’s also XP and Vista compatible.
This must be an item developed almost exclusively for the Japanese market, because I think this is the first time in my life I have not been able to find an item on eBay. And darn, I really wanted one too.